Forum

• By (Deleted User)

The Wireless# certification under this venue gives you a some insight into RFID and wireless sensors under Zigbee/Z-wave as well other technologies that deal with some of these "new" applications. Mesh Networking is being deployed in cities with companies like Strix, Tropos, Cisco, Firetide etc.

COMPTIA just released a RFID+ certification.

RFID ops in NC would not be posted readily. I am finding out it is a networking kind of thing, who you know or who you ask for assistance kind of thing with landing a gig. Alot of the headhunter/ recruiters are clueless to Wireless. It is kind of frustrating, but don't let that deter you from asking these IT departments especially Wilmington's shipyard longshoreman's IT folk. I am sure they are looking at RFID.

Any major supply shipping and recieving, trucking , freight, air transport, service oriented business is most likely looking at this since Walmart and DOD put it on the roadmap. Speaking of road... try UPS - FEDEX see where they are going.

I am changing my approach to career enhancement by asking more (Social Engineering) and sending out less resumes.

http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/article/CA6325183.html?industry=Ocean&industryid=2032

Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 1