Forum

• Some of the 802.11b wireless USB adapters are not able scan the 802.11g wireless Access point.
    If we change the mode on the 802.11g access point to 11b it works.Could any explain exact reason for this
    case.

• 802.11b radios only understand DBPSK and DQPSK modulation using CCK coding. OFDM is foreign to them and only looks like noise. In order for the 802.11b client to recognize the 802.11g AP, it would have to be able to decode the PLCP header, then the MAC header - neither of which is possible with a CCK radio.

• The how they say that 802.11 g is back ward compatible with 802.11b

• 802.11g is backwards compatible, but 802.11b is not forward compatible.

• Then how 802.11b devices communicate with the 802.11g devices.Does the 802.11g devices cut down their speed when they see a 802.11b device or is that the work of a Client device(802.11b) which should turn its receivers on.

• The AP sees the 802.11b station associate, then it updates its beacons to show that a non-ERP STA is present in the BSS. It then signals for protected mode, which alerts other ERP stations to do the same.

• So does one 802.11b device bring down the data rate of all 802.11g devices when it associates to the access point? That would sure suck.

• I'm releasing a whitepaper that shows the results of this scenario. Email me if you want a copy now. It'll be released in a week or so.

• By (Deleted User)

I need that white paper ,What id ur email address devin.

• It's been posted to the Learning Center. Search on "Ripple" or you can find it in several of the categories.

Devinator

Page 1 of 2