Forum

• Got a copy of the book Security of Mobile Communications last week, which I think is a comprehensive resource for wireless engineers. Not only does the text talk about the WLAN security, it also discusses how to secure GSM, 3G, and Ad Hoc networks. The book consists of 4 sections, 15 chapters:

• Section 1: Basic Techniques for Mobile Communications and Security
    • Section 2: Attack and Protection Techniques in Mobile Communication Networks
    • Section 3: Security of Network-based Services in Mobile Communications
    • Section 4: Protection Techniques for Mobile Applications

The author is an internationally known scientist/academic. Dr. Noureddine Boudriga is currently a professor of telecommunications at the University of Carthage, Tunisia, and the director of the Communication Networks and Security Research Laboratory.

For CWSP candidates, this book is also valuable (Chapter 7 is directly related to WLAN security), though some topics discussed are beyond the exam objectives. Anyway, a great and updated text to read if time permits.

See Amazon for details:

http://www.amazon.com/Security-Mobile-Communications-Noureddine-Boudriga/dp/0849379415/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271890396&sr=8-1

• By (Deleted User)

Thanks for the information.  I have to build up the WLAN section of my library.

Page 1 of 1