Forum

• Hey guys and gals, I just started reading the CWDP book, I'm on chapter... 2. lol

I also have the online study tests but I want to wait until after I read the book to do those because I tend to memorize the answers so the tests are not any good to me after I take them once.

I just started making notecards for the vocab. I think it will help.

Any other tips on how to study for this exam? Anyone else studying also? Also for those who have taken it, any hint or tips for taking the test?

Thanks!

Sean Rynearson
    CWST, CWNA, ACMA, ACMP, Net+
    srynearson@gmail.com
    www.seanrynearson.com

• Sean,

I'm studying for this exam in the background, as I've decided to go for the CWAP first.

I actually received the CWDP book first, so I started reading it and found it chock full of great "stuff". In fact I have gone back to it occaisionally for more detail on some CWAP questions.

I use 3x5" for my flash cards :-)

As usual, my stock answer is: [u]Study to the Exam Objectives[/u].

• Thanks.

I see the whole list of the objectives in the back of the book.

I decided to study for the CWDP before the CWSP or CWAP because designing wireless networks is my main job and wanted any input from the book asap. Now finished with chapter 2, the book has already helped me.

While reading the book I find myself saying "Ah.. OK... Now that makes sense. Wish I would have know this before" lol

Sean Rynearson
    srynearson@gmail.com
    http://www.seanrynearson.com

• I bought both CWAP and CWDP books and i was reading them in parallel.
    I have passed the CWAP certification today with a score of 73%. I can tell you that i had no difficulty at all with all the previous certification (CWTS, CWNA and CWSP) with the worst score of 86% and always in the first shoot but this time it was really difficult fo me since i did not prepare well (i have passed 4 x 2 x 6= 48 hours preparation in total and certainly more was needed)

I had a feeling that more than a correct choice for some questions was possible where a single answer was required. Also i had some questions not clear or at least their wording (maybe this is because of my English) . Want to know the feeling of those who passed this certification.

Anyway i have to pass again this exam newt week since i need 80% score minimum !

• Will you share your experience regarding CWDP exam? I believe that there are not so many people who tried to pass it.

• By (Deleted User)

HI, Iam also reading this as a reference for my VoWLAN design course I writing.
    Good stuff.

martin.ericson@gmail.com

• Hi all, can a any one assist me with path loss software that i will be using in designing WAN link. The land topology is not level and also a lot tall buildings around my environment.

want to start preparing for my CWDP after which i can now go for CWAP but my major job role is based on WAN link design.

• Well, I have been studying for two months now and my test is tomorrow. I saved practice test from pool B to simulate how my test would be tomorrow. So, I did a little more studying tonight and was about ready to do my assessment and come to find out the CWDP practice test pool B is nothing. Lol Really sucks. Ooh well. I guess I will study for a few more hours and hope for the best tomorrow. At least CWNP is offering a free retake. Thanks CWNP for the peace of mind.

Sean Rynearson
    srynearson@gmail.com
    www.wifigeeks.com

• Good luck, Sean! Share your experience a short after exam. I had no license to practice exams on cwnp.com but I found that real exam questions are much harder that practice exam questions supplied with CWDP official study book.

• You were right. I made a 60% that was hard!
    Let's see what I have to do to reatake for free in a few weeks.

Page 1 of 2