Forum

• So my campus LAN is split into multiple virtual LANs which each serve different purposes. The important thing is only one of these is unprotected and it has a captive portal set up to allow users to join the other virtual LANs. However to join the network you need to input some credentials and download a program to scan the device (think torrenting programs and antivirus software). This poses a problem when I have multiple people that don't have credentials to access the network and I have to manually associate my credentials for each of the guests. So I was wondering if there was a way to automagically authenticate multiple devices with my credentials to avoid the extra work.

• Are you an administrator of this network, or just a user?

Your use of the word "my" is ambiguous.  

Just asking.

• why are you authenticating other people with your credentials?

• By @@ron - edited: August 7, 2013

That's easy, just give everybody your password :-)

But seriously...if they don't have credentials to log in and don't have a way to obtain their own valid credentials, then:
    1. they aren't authorized and should not be given network access.
    2. the provisioning process for guest accounts is not adequate.
    There are commercial and free guest provisioning systems available.  Here's a list, though some are defunct:
    http://mohammadthalif.wordpress.com/2010/12/14/list-of-open-source-captive-portal-software-and-network-access-control-nac/

Best of luck,
    --
    @@ron

Page 1 of 1