Forum

• Companion CD Practice Exam 1

Question 6 typo
    "[i]muse[/i] by OFDM" should be
    "[i]used[/i] by OFDM"

Question 8 typo
    "what is the most likely said of the WLAN environment" should be something like
    "what is the most likely WLAN environment"

• Found by guru and reported in this thread:
    http://www.cwnp.com/bbpress/topic.php?id=7100

Ch.10 page 364

802.11a and 802.11g radios use 20 MHz OFDM channels. Each 20 MHz OFDM channel
    contains [i]62[/i] subcarriers.
    ...should be
    802.11a and 802.11g radios use 20 MHz OFDM channels. Each 20 MHz OFDM channel
    contains [i]64[/i] subcarriers.

• Companion CD Practice Exam 2

Question 7
    Seems that options C and D are both correct, since both Non-HT Legacy and HT-Mixed PPDUs contain the L-SFT, L-LTF, and L-SIG fields, enabling Non-HT stations to detect the PPDU and acquire the carrier frequency and timing.

Question 13
    The answer says that QoS-related action frames are always category 1, but it indicates that A. (which says category 0) is the correct answer.

Question 14
    "FH [i]Hoping[/i] Pattern" -- should be
    "FH [i]Hopping[/i] Pattern"

Question 18
    All options that should say "ACK" instead say "AC".

• Companion CD Practice Exam 2

Question 18 (cont'd)
    CWNP texts say that 802.11 STAs do not detect collisions, but they do identify corrupted frames. Perhaps this question's answer options need to be reworded.

Question 28
    Option C says
    "Enough to [i]full[/i] a single TXOP" -- should be
    "Enough to [i]fill[/i] a single TXOP"

• Chapter 3, QoS Control Field section, paragraph 12, last sentence (reading the Kindle version, so I don't know the page number).

It states that a TXOP limit of [b]1[/b] restricts transmission during a TXOP to a single MPDU.

It should say that a TXOP limit of [b]0[/b] restricts transmission during a TXOP to a single MPDU.

• Companion CD Assessment Test

Question 18
    Options A and E are identical. Based on the surrounding options and the answer, I believe that option E should say that individual MPDUs in the A-MPDU are encrypted individually.

Question 29
    The last word of the sentence should be A-MPDU, not A-MPD.

• Companion CD Practice Exam 1

Question 4 typo
    Option B "DSSS-OFMD" should probably be "DSSS-OFDM", unless you're really throwing a curveball here.

Question 49
    Options B and D are Voice and Video, and are the correct answers. However, the test says A and D are correct.

• Chapter 4
    Information Elements and Fields -->
    Management Frame Fields -->
    Capability Information Field -->
    Short Slot Time Subfield -->
    3rd paragraph -->
    Last sentence, typo -- [i]vendor-dependant[/i] should be [i]vendor-dependent[/i]

• Likewise, The last word in the "TCP Request Frame and TCP Report Frame" is [i]dependant[/i] instead of [i]dependent[/i].

• Figure 9-36 where is the ANonce? Diagram just looks wrong.
    Figure 9-37 Step 4 Where's PMK-R1?
    Figure 10-16 RBG should be RDG

Page 6 of 8