Forum

• Practice exam 2

Question 13 -- answer key says that QoS frames are always class 1, but indicates that "A. 0" is the correct answer.

Question 14 -- in the question and answer key, [i]hoping[/i] should be [i]hopping[/i].

Question 38 -- Requires multiple answers (checkbox) but only allows one answer (radio buttons).

• P 97, Figure 3.26
    From DS is set to 0, it should be 1.

• P 105 last paragraph, "The traffic indicator (TID) subfield...." ... it should be the traffic identifier

• P 171 second paragraph, second sentence :
    "Measurement request is indicated by a 1 in the Action value field, and measurement report is indicated by a 2 in the Action Value field" ... it should say: 'Measurement request is indicated by a 0 in the Action value field, and measurement report is indicated by a 1 in the Action Value field'

That is according to Table 4.10

• Pag. 214 answer to question 12 is indicated as A, D but D is " Block Ack cannot be used with QoS Data"

• Also, in the same Chapter 5 practices questions and relative answers, can anybody explain me why the Duration/ID in an RTS frame does not include its own transmission time in addition to the CTS, DATA, ACK and three SIFS?

• Pag. 262, Chapter 7, review question 4:
    "When an 802.11n station begins the arbitration process after a failed frame transmission, which IFS is used?"
    The answer is given as AIFS although AIFS is used only for QoS.

Page 252 states: "Corrupted frames cause the arbitration process to change only slightly....  ...an EIFS is used in place of a DIFS during the arbitration process"

• P 418 text block under figure, second line down:

"reaming" should read "remaining"

• P 109, second line under Fig 3.35: Formula for G(x) ends with a "+" sign. It should end "+ x + 1"

• P 168 Dependant Station Enablement[DSE] should be Dependent Station Enablement[DSE]

Page 7 of 8