Forum

• I wanted to start an official thread for the CWDP Study Guide for errors or other clarifications that may be needed. Yes, even after many editors being involved, a technical book of such length will inevitably still contain errors.

Please post your comments in this thread and the authors will respond.

We hope that you enjoy the book and it empowers you to design highly successful WLAN implementations!

• WOW. What a great book.

I've just finished my first read of Chapter 2, and I am impressed. I've never seen one place with so much spot-on information regarding "client design factors".

In the true spirit of errata, I will only point out page 50 in the next to last paragraph, where it reads "quite useful for optimize", and on page 65 in the last paragraph where it reads "and can mixed".

Great job everyone !

• Table 2.2 on p32 should also apply to 802.11g (?). I think /a and /g use identical OFDM methods, but only differ in the carrier frequency.
    p38, 3rd paragraph from bottom, last line, production should be protection(?)

• p74 #9..should be "diversity or lack of.."(?)
    p221, F5.18, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be reversed(?)
    p223 F5.19..SCA diagram, ch1 on lower left should be ch11(?)
    p284 6th line from bottom..1.8 dB should be 1.8 dBm (?)

• p.221 F5.18, there are two instances of co-located AP's on the same ch.
    p346, 3rd line from bottom, "legacy preamble" should be "Legacy-LTF"(?)
    p.347 last line. Unless I'm mistaken, IMO, it would be clearer to say 'the primary channel is used to communicate between HT and non-HT, while the secondary is between HT's only'(?)
    p.349 middle of page, the exponent 10 to the -6, should be in superscript.

• By (Deleted User)

To a few of those comments:

Table 2.2 -- yes, 11g and 11a OFDM are the same
    I noticed some of the image goofs in chapter 10 as well, though after indexing. Dang!
    P346, not necessarily. The legacy preamble includes L-STF and L-LTF, so instead of saying both L-STF and L-LTF, it is easier just to call it the legacy preamble.
    p347, in-text it is right. Primary channel is used to communicate to any 20 MHz-only station, whether HT or non-HT. It is not necessarily between HT and non-HT stations. It could be between the 40 Mhz AP and a 20 MHz-only HT STA.

• p322 Square root of 1.42 = 1.19, not .19
    p336 end of 3rd paragraph, "topolarity", should be "to polarity"

• Figure 9.11 is a repeat of an earlier one. Anybody know where I can find the correct picture so I can understand what the coverage map looks like?

• Page 29:
    The entry for channel 153 shows 5.675 GHz. That should read 5.765 GHz.

• Page 223, Figure 5.19

For Single Channel Architecture: The bottom left cell should be marked as channel 11, not channel 1.

Page 1 of 3