Forum

CWNA EXAM

30 posts by 10 authors in: Forums > CWNA - Enterprise Wi-Fi Admin
Last Post: September 14, 2021:
  • By (Deleted User)

I know what you guys mean. I kinda wish sometimes I still enjoyed all the little things others take for granted.

I reference is "Selling One's Own Soul" or something. It eerily reminds me of those old comics I used to read as a kid where someone wanted something so badly only to attain it but in the process lost everything and everyone else of value in the process.

It's a catch-22.

I envy people who find a comfortable balance.

I always find myself leaning one way or the other too much.

I figured it was safer to attain my quals while young, obtain my career comfortably, and take a break after all that is done.

I'm 41 now. So I'm not as young as some here. 15-16 years ago when I was starting out about getting serious with this stuff, I was not quite as committed. 6 months on and 6 months off.

Now I'm more focused.

I'm with you guys - I dedicated last night to troubleshooting the enterprise. I resolved a lot of problems - little things that kind of glared but were not big enough to dedicate the time to. I made a nice lengthy and detailed checklist and it was sent to the teams to work on while I was off today.

However, I'm falling behind on a couple of my commitments. Gotta play catch up.

• Yea well Im 43 and got into IT as a career change, loving this more and I am an electrical engineer by trade so its really good working on RF that I learned at Uni. Long way to go and hopefully one day my own company specalising in wireless consultancy.

I dont have your single mindedness Darby but I have tenacity to solve issues, sometimes I feel a bit old when I see young pups coming through but then I am on site and go get a bag of sand to bend some pipe for mounting antennas and the guys look as if Im mad, only done it once as it was an emengency but it was great and you see what experience is.

Sorry the scenario was we were hanging antennas in a warehouse and we the brackets that were tubes needed a bit more of a dogleg so instead of ?100 for a pipe bender it was ?3 for a bag of sand. Fill the pipe with sand and bend it gently over your knee, the sand stops the pipe collapsing,

Hey experience

• Damn, that's a good trick Pete. I never need to do that usually, so ofc I wouldn't know it.

• Chris I thought everyone knew that ???????????

LOL just some tricks from being hands on from cabling as an electrician through electrical engineering etc. Its weird but with new hires that I have worked with in their 20s you are teaching them about tools and how to use a drill etc. Modern apprenticeships (its a UK thing) dont cut it

• By (Deleted User)

Pete,

I do best when I'm left alone to truly obsess over a problem or certification. Makes miracle happen and happen fast.

Now if I get splintered (take my long road to the CCIE RS for example) then I can have varying results. However, after suffering my first failed lab, I set out for a different objective which I felt I've held true to and I'm hoping to exhibit how my style of applied learning can burn through a certification - even the CCIE or multiple CCIE's. Even if I were to fail to meet my primary objective, I expect the adventure is going to be fum and interesting to anyone who is paying attention.

• I am sre it will be Darby and I wish you every success but you know that is a given, I will also be following your endeavours and looking forward to your updates.

Do you ahve a timescale set

• By (Deleted User)

No time scale yet.

I am going to track each "track" with MS Project and try to keep a sense of focus.

It's not that bad. I'm starting off with the CCNA/CCDA cert or review for each and working my way up. I don't want to miss a thing. No gaps.

Then its off to the races.

I'm going to prep before I pay for the CCIE Written Exams - no pressure.

My next 2-4 consulting projects should yield the funds I will need to to break some records with.

• Pete, Triple Amen !

wshendi, Sink the following into your mind before you do anything else :

exam objectives first

Exam Objectives First

EXAM OBJECTIVES FIRST !!!

Page 3 of 3