Forum

• Suggestion: If you decide to do something, do it now. Set up a time line and stick to it. You may not wish to spend 4 months in preparation for a cert like me.

Busy work and delay make my preparation for the CWSP exam too long than expected, but August 31 is the bottom line. There must be lots of folks sitting down yesterday to write their CWNP exam, I guess? :-)

[b]My preparation materials:[/b]

? CWSP Official Study Guide (Sybex, 2010): The major study material and a must-read reference book for Wi-Fi security.

? Recommended white paper: You can find them on the CD of the study guide, or from CWNP and Wi-Fi Alliance sites. Though 'recommended,' you'd better read these white paper cover to cover as soon as time permits.

? CWNP official practice test

? Vendors' sites: Although CWNP is a vendor-neutral program, wireless professionals will likely work in a mixed environment. Aruba, Meru, Trapeze, etc. all have a lot of good stuff on their sites.

? IEEE Std 802.11-2007: CWSP candidates are not required to review the standard (CWNEs may need to go through it?), but the 1232-page standard is really a pretty good source for wireless engineers at all levels. Pay attention to Section 8: Security, in which you can find the most accurate description of pre-RSNA, RSNA, keys and key distribution, etc.

[b]My exam tips:[/b]

? Read the question and options at least twice. This is especially important for non-native candidates.

? Be fully prepared. While encountering a problem, a complete topology will soon appear in a veteran's brain, whereas a newbie can only see several nodes on the topology. This applies to CWNP exams as well. 90 minutes seems not enough if you do not have a clear Wi-Fi security architecture in the brain. Again, this is especially important for non-native test takers. I know many of them are accustomed to first translating English into their own language, so allocating exam time wisely is a key for success.

Last but not least. One's value is not reflected in the cert - the cert is just a paper. One's value is reflected in the process he/she pursues the cert.

• By (Deleted User)

cwnpchina, well done! congratulations! nothing like waiting till the last minute, eh?

• Thanks, Kevin.

An old saying for CWNP test takers: Don't wait till the last minute. :-)

• Another prep material:

If you would like to delve into 802.1X, Jim Geier's Implementing 802.1X Security Solutions for Wired and Wireless Networks is a great reference. You can download a simple chapter from his site.

[url=http://www.wireless-nets.com/resources/downloads/802.1x_book_c2.pdf]Chapter 2: Port-Based Authentication Concepts[/url]

• My name Thomas Azamosa ,i am a certified wireless network administrator,please i need you guys to help me with CWSP study giude to prepare me for the exams which i intend writing in december.You can reach me on my private email address:tommboy790@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 1