Forum

• Problem: Can not associate to either the router or AP until I unplug the power and they reboot. After that they are fine for about 24 hours. Come in the next day and I can't associate to either again until I power them down then up again. Both devices are on UPSs. Signals are excellent but can't asscociate.

Other Info:
    I have a linksys SRX200 Router and a Linksys SRX AP co-located in the same room 25 feet apart. No other AP's are in the immediate area for interference. The router is on Auto channel as well as the AP. I had them hard set to channels 6 and 11 but I still got the same result. The Router is on the outside of the firewall and the AP on the inside. The router has a hard set IP and DCHP enabled. Mixed B and G. WPA2 (AES) used with Shared key. The AP is the same except it is only G with WPA2 shared key.
    Authenication works fine after you reboot. It seems that after about 24 hours you can't associate to the AP or the router until they are rebooted. I halso tried new profiles before the reboot with no luck. I also set the clients with hard IPs on the same subnet as the router and AP respectively. No luck. Both devices have the latest firmware. Please advise.

• By (Deleted User)

I don't think I can really help you - but, I'm curious about your setup. I understand you to be saying that your network is like:

(note - dots are place holders to prevent collapse of multiple spaces upon display - and, [whatever]'s are just place holders for whatever else might be attached to your backbone)

. ......................................|------[whatever]
    . ......................................|
    . [ router] -----[firewall]----|-----[whatever]
    . ......................................|-----[AP]

Are these two radios using different SSIDs? SRX is Linksys's MIMO technology, and I suspect you're getting bit by the bleeding edge of vendors jumping into areas not yet supported by specification. Are you also using a linksys SRX adaptor for your client station?

Research on Linksys's site is not very promising or helpful. They only claim to have two SRX infrastructure devices. An early router called Linksys-G SRX, and the newer version called SRX-200. If you check their web support pages - all links to things like tutorials, user guides, or data sheets, are set to a null java script. It sounds like your two devices are both routers, both with firewalls, dhcp servers, internal switches, etc. I suspect they are confusing each other, and shutting each other down. Their mode of operation is to use overlapping compatible G radios - in this case both units are full of compliant radios. Also - MIMO often is implemented so that the bandwidth used is wider than normal radios, and radios may need to be more than 5 channels apart.

So - like I said - no real help - but, a couple of thoughts for you to work on and a couple of gray areas where you might provide more information if you get a chance, just for our mutual edification.

How's throughput when the devices are working?

Page 1 of 1