Forum

• Hello all

Has anyone experienced an issue with 1532 bridges were in the GUI spurious IP addresses are appearing yet the MAC address registers the correct unit?

For instance i have seen two bridges establish the link, all appears normal, the correct fixed IP address appears on both devices as does the correct MAC address for each unit. However over a period of time, which can be anything from minutes to hours an IP address appears that does not correlate to the unit at the far end of the bridge, e.g IP address of a router or security camera, but the MAC address is correct!

Its very strange, we have changed OS on the devices, set them as DHCP etc but this issue randomly appears on different bridge links.

Any ideas or pointers would be very much appreciated.

Regards  Yogi

• By Howard - edited: July 12, 2017

Being hacked ?

I assume everything is encrypted, and that all default passwords have been changed, etc.?

Rogue SOHO router attached to other end of link?   What is the bogus IP address range ?  192.168... ?

• Morning Howard

Everything is encrypted WPA2, default passwords have been changed and the configuration is as expected and confirmed by Cisco TAC.

The spurious addresses are in the expected range 192.168.10.xxx, and they are of devices that are on the network, as i say it can be an IP address of a wired security camera or an known router 192.168.10.1. Its very bizarre.

Yogi 

• By Howard - edited: July 13, 2017

I would bet that you have a rogue DHCP server installed somewhere.

Both an unauthorized Home Router, and/or  a very distant remote DHCP server could be dishing out the same address range.

Strange things can happen when a local server slows down, even if it's just Ethernet.

Has your company gone through any mergers in the last year or two?

Page 1 of 1