Forum

• hwangeruk,

I would agree with your assessment of the pros and cons of Aruba, Cisco, and Colubris.

I have a couple of comments based on your list:

1. Aruba Remote AP needs to be pre-configured on the WLAN controller with its own profiles, roles, policies, etc. - it isn't self-installable in that respect.

2. Colubris can perform some IP and port filtering, although to me, it doesn't seem as robust as what you would find from Aruba, Bluesocket, or others.

I would also second Casey's recommendation that you take a serious look at Motorola's Enterprise Mobility solution and compare its features to the others.

At the bottom of the thread, people starting asking about Xirrus, Trapeze, etc. In my opinion, each vendor has its own advantages and disadvantages. I would suggest that you find the vendor that is best suited for your environment. For example, Xirrus' array seems to lend itself to large spaces - distribution warehouses, conference centers, etc. Trapeze has moved to a more distributed architecture. This allows for 'intelligent switching' of data traffic in lieu of sending everything back to a centralized controller. However, a Centralized Architecture has its own benefits - namely that all the traffic can be passed through an integrated stateful firewall for processing.

Again, there are several architectures on the market (autonomous APs, centralized, distributed, blankets, arrays, etc.) Find the architecture and features that match your business requirements.

Respectfully,
    Douglas

Page 1 of 1