Forum

• Back about 2008 or so, Cisco produced a report comparing throughput over channels 1, 6, and 11 versus using other channels that overlap these three.

Their conclusion was that you should use these these three channels, even if you are sharing them with other users.     This is pretty well understood now, but back then Cisco ran an actual test to prove the point. 

Every time I try to locate this document, even on Cisco's website, all the references return "Document Not found".

Does anyone have a link to this report, or the actual text from the study ?

Thanks

• Hi Howard,

This is a long shot, but if you have the old -broken- URL have you tried the wayback machine?  the main cisco.com website seems to have been semi-regularly cached since '97

https://web.archive.org/ 

Good luck!

Ben

• Ben,

Thanks a lot.

I'll try that as soon as I dig up the original link again.

Howard

• I found this that referrs to the Cisco paper.  This paper had the same goal as well only 4 channels over 1-13.

https://acta.mendelu.cz/media/pdf/actaun_2016064010205.pdf

JC

• Ben and John,

My thanks to both of you.   With the references in Johns paper and the "way back" machine I was able to find a copy of the original article. .   Not the PDF but that's OK - I got all the text.

The two papers say pretty much the same thing, but I did have a problem with the second paper and its range calculations.   I couldn't tell if it was just a language translation difficulty, or they were confusing output power and its effects on range.   Either way I think their conclusions were still valid.    I'll take a closer look at it again later.

I sure was off on the year of the paper, 2004 not 2008 - I guess I've been at this a lot longer than I realized - I remember when it was first presented !

Thanks again.

• That's great Howard, go team!  Could you share the link you managed to dig up?  I'm interested in having a read of this also.

Thanks,

• That's great Howard, go team!  Could you share the link you managed to dig up?  I'm interested in having a read of this also.

Thanks,

• By Howard - edited: June 2, 2017
Page 1 of 1