Forum

• Hi Folks,

I am thinking of starting a CWNP study group in Sydney.
    I am looking for around 10 peers at max (first come first join).

I really don't care what background you have but what is important is your passion to learn wireless technology through studying CWNP certifications right through to CWNE exam. But we will tackle CWNA first.

In the past, when I studied for CISSP exam, I started similar CISSP study group and had 10 peers joining and all from different security domain who shared their knowledge. We all passed 100% by just sharing and working together. Looking back it is the field experience from my peers that helped all of us to pass. I didn't know anyone of them when the study group started but they are now all good friends.

Can't guarantee it will work again but I don't see why it won't work.

Format of the CWNP Study Group

- Face to face (there are benefit in actually meeting physically)
    - Meet once every 2 weeks for 1-2 hours (Every meeting we will try and cover one subject area)
    - At every meetup, one person leads/facilitate the study (everyone takes turn and you don't have to be the expert as other peers will help you out)
    - Base our study on the Sybex CWNA Study Guide.
    - Need volunteers who is kind enough to use their office as study location (we can take turn)
    - (Optional) Invite guest speakers on areas that we are weak (I have some vendor contact but you may also have more who are willing to help us out)
    - (Optional) Have lab study to tinker on different vendor implementation on certain standard (I have few devices we can play with if no one has any)

Some people might question why bother with such study group. I personally found it the most effective way to learn from the peers who are working in the wireless field or helping some other peers who want to learn about wireless but just studying from textbook is mundane and miss out on the field experience. Forming a study group can help in both cases.

Please note - no BRAIN DUMP in this study group. Just pure organic learning!

If interested email me on sipster at gmail.com.

cheers
    Sipster

Page 1 of 1