Forum

• For the MONEY and ADMIN tools.

What is the best HOME Wireless Router?

I have the USR 8054 - Okay system. Admin is nicely laid out but could use more advance features. It broke once under warranty - but getting a replacement wasnt a problem.

I plan to get another one for a friend... Heard that the netgears are good - Any input will do.

• I had good experience with Linksys WRT54G - that was until I started to do anything with the Sveasoft firmware - it works but doesnt seem as stable to me as the built in one. Inexplicable signal drops etc gave me grief.

I have been using a Belkin Wireless Gateway for some time now and have been extremely impressed. The interface is not quite as slick as the Linksys one but does the job.

I have a Netgear ADSL/modem router and VPN/Firewall but nothing wireless. Be interested to hear what other people think of Netgear wireless devices - the wired ones are pretty good and interfaces OK.

Andrew

• By (Deleted User)

I favor APs that are gateway- routers.

I have a Dlink DI-774 that is dual mode; a/b/g. It has done a good job for almost the past 2 years. I won't get rid of it.

At work, we have a Linksys WRT-54G it also does a good job.

Dlink , Linksys Netgear have most of the market in home networking right now.

I'm looking at the Netgear AP now, just little slow on the purchase, want one that is 802.3af capable.

Page 1 of 1