Forum

• I have recently built a wireless bridge between two buildings, however the bridge losses connection and I have to reboot one of the routers for the bridge to come back up... sometimes this bridge can stay up for a few hours while other times it can only last a few minutes -

Details -

Building A -
    equipment -
    Netgear WG102 (with lastest firmware)
    D-Link ANT70-1000 8dBi/10dBi Dualband Indoor/Outdoor - Antenna - 10
    D-Link Aerial Cable 9m 2.4 GHz
    The antenna is mounted on the outside of the building and the router is mounted inside, the router is connected to a hub via CAT5 which feeds 2 PCs

Building B -
    equipment -
    Netgear WG102 (with lastest firmware)
    D-Link ANT70-1000 8dBi/10dBi Dualband Indoor/Outdoor - Antenna - 10
    D-Link Aerial Cable 9m 2.4 GHz
    The antenna is mounted on the outside of the building, the router is mounted inside the building connected to a hub via CAT5 the hub is then patched into the main LAN which has Windows DHCP, DNS servers, etc...

config -

both routers have the same SSID and same same 128 bit WEP keys, firmware on both routers is V5.0.0, the operating mode is auto(802.11g/802.11b), Channel / Frequency is 4/2.427GHz

I have to always reboot the router in building B to get thing going everyday, can anyone please advise on what I am doing wrong, or if more information is required I can supply...

The building are about 20 feet apart and the antenna are directed at each other, I used a laser gun to ensure this when I mounted them on the walls.

Many thanks

• I have a few question ...

- So when you reboot she comes back up, you can access the other side, no issues.
    * Do you have access to logs
    * What is the link between them
    * Are there any known 2.4 interference near building B... Might want to try another channel.
    * Try swapping the A with B and see if B still goes down. If it does you may have a bad box ...

• You might want to reference the thread titled "Wireless APs continually fail:..." that is using these same AP's.

Brett C. found the following about these:

Aaron -

I suspect you have already read the below thread?

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=3663

It appears this is a pretty common issue with this particular AP. Looks like people are using a scheduled SNMP soft reboot, as a preemptive work around.

If it becomes too big of an issue, I'd look into returning them and using something else.

Regards,

Brett

Follow his link for more info.

Page 1 of 1