Forum

• Let me also include my welcome.

As was mentioned by one other, my tour through Korea when I was in the Corps was outstanding, but again a life time ago.

As with any learning process, crawl before you walk and walk before you run. You will find the certs some of the most challenging going, but I find the most personal value in those from Planet3 Wireless.

Again welcome,

• Thanks Keith. I feel so comfortable being a CWNP's member.
    Thank you to all CWNP family.
    Kind Regards,
    Jungsoon

• Welcome. I'm fairly new also, but found that all these guys seem to be regulars and are extremely helpful. I'm 11 days into my study guide and ...whoa ton of information in CWNA. I may not be of much help but our similar situation puts us at a level playing field. Bounce anything you want off me....
    Dave

• Hi Dave,
    Thanks. What page are you at right now? How do you study for the Cert.? I'll catch up...in a few days...
    Thanks
    Jungsoon

• page 452 ...100 pages left. So far I've been just reading the book. I went back and read the general RF terminology again (chapter 2 and 3) after 200 pages or so.

• By (Deleted User)

Welcome aboard Jungsoon. Just a quick warning though:

WARNING! Wireless networking is highly addictive and known to cause geeks and engineers to gather on rooftops and in coffeeshops to discuss mundane topics such as:
    - My QOS is better than your QOS
    - My wireless protocol analyzer is better than your wireless protocol analyzer
    - ooooo... look at the waveform on that RF signal
    - My EAP implementation is better than your EAP implmentation
    - I can crack WEP in 2 minutes... no, 30 secs... no, 2 secs
    - Let's see now, was that IEEE 802.16d, 802.16e, 802.16-2004, or 802.16-2005
    - There is TOO such as thing as a perfect isotropic radiator
    - My antenna is better than your antenna
    - Back in my day, everyone communicated using Morse code... and we liked it!

.... and many other non-geek-friendly conversations.

So, with that said, if you are truly "into" it, prepare to watch your life change right before your very eyes. When you start noticing all the pretty, different antennas as you drive around town, too late, you're hooked!

Welcome,
    Joel

Page 2 of 2