Partner Technical Training Manager
This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone looking to get in on the ground floor of building out a world class training program. See the job posting on meraki.com here
Meraki is seeking a highly organized and entrepreneurial technical training manager to oversee our partner certification programs.
In this position, you will be responsible for creating and delivering a world-class training program to ensure Meraki reseller partners have the technical expertise they need to sell, deploy, and configure Meraki networks. Our technical training program is a critical lever in growing sales, building channel loyalty, and improving the performance of our partners.
The role involves delivering (and enhancing) the existing Certified Meraki Networking Associate program, and over time developing more advanced levels of the program. We have a vision of training thousands of partner technical representatives, and you will be the person to make that happen. This role has incredible room for growth as the program grows nationally and internationally.
Ideal candidates will have excellent technical knowledge, organizational and communication skills, and a passion for delivering high quality training.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the Certified Meraki Networking Associate program
- Deliver training programs (2 day lab sessions) nationally
- Incorporate feedback and continue to enhance the training material and lab sessions in coordination with Meraki product managers and experts
- Create a regional training schedule and coordinate with the channel and sales teams to drive attendance
- Create a rapidly scalable program to successfully train thousands of people nationally and internationally.
- Collaborate with product managers and experts to create more advanced levels of the certification program.
- Become the technical subject matter expert and thoroughly understand products, features, functions, and benefits while being able to share with all levels of organization and clients.
- Understand end-user requirements for wireless and wired networks and explain how Meraki will integrate with current infrastructure, as well as service future needs
- Expert knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks, site surveys, requirements gathering, deployment challenges
- Solid understanding of wired networks, including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLAN's, etc.
- Understand wireless security methodologies, including 802.1x w/ RADIUS integration
- Experience supporting or testing LANS, VLANs, VPNs, NAT devices, or DHCP servers.
- Bachelor's degree from a top tier school
- 3-5 years experience in a technical role (Sales engineer, support, technical training)
- Great relationship skills, tenacity, resilience and inter-personal/presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Ability to travel 50%+