Forum

• We are looking at upgrading one of our sites, using it as a greenfield and comparing 3 different vendor solutions. So far, we have looked at Cisco vs. Aruba vs. Meru. Now, I'm most familiar with the way Cisco handles channelization in a pico-cell environment for VoIP, so Aruba's solution seems very similar and familar. Where I am having problems finding good, non-biased information is when it comes to Meru's Single Channel Architecture.

It seems like everything I find on this is either written by Meru, so it sounds glowing, or it was written by a competitor with a different strategy, so it sounds awful. What I want is an unbiased perspective here, particularly when it comes to scalability and how an architecture like this would handle location in terms of RFID tags. Does anyone use this solution with VoIP and RFID tagging in a large deployment? I can see it being great when it comes to small deployments as it would really ease some of the headaches with surveying and channel planning, but does it scale well? According to Meru, you don't have to survey to initially place your AP's, but you do have to survey for location using each of the devices you hope to locate...if anyone's doing this, how often do you have to do it to get accurate results? Our deployment would be in a healthcare environment, so we can expect quite a bit of change from one day to another as large carts are moved, patients relocated, etc. Has anyone dealt with this?

Many thanks...I'm just trying to dig through all the vendor hype and find some solid science behind this either in favor or against. :)

Page 1 of 1