Forum

• Oh ok. I checked the connection to the laptop that day I was on site. It was connected with 3 signal bar with 18 mbps. I know all the things about the actual throughput for the laptop (ie: overhead/multiple devices/Bradios). There is a lot of things that alter the actual throughput. What threw me for a loop is the throughput is better in the hallway which "should" mean there something in the room that is causing the problem. Monday, I'm going to get more data for the site.

• simpson Escribi?3:

Oh ok. I checked the connection to the laptop that day I was on site. It was connected with 3 signal bar with 18 mbps. I know all the things about the actual throughput for the laptop (ie: overhead/multiple devices/Bradios). There is a lot of things that alter the actual throughput. What threw me for a loop is the throughput is better in the hallway which "should" mean there something in the room that is causing the problem. Monday, I'm going to get more data for the site.

Throughput is better or the data rate is better? Where is the AP located in relation to the room and hallway you speak of? Thanks!

GT

• It's actually about 10-15 ft from the doorway. It's located in the hallway.

• Okay. The user isn't experiencing the slowness anymore. I checked out the laptop today and it was loading webpages normally. I'm using the Air Defense mobile software to check the live view of the laptop and the channel the laptop is transmitting on. When I saved the the stats, it save them in a .csv file. The capture today doesn't show nearly as many CTS frames as the one I did last week.[/code]

• Look in a beacon frame to see if it states that a non-ERP station is present and also to see if the AP is telling stations to use protection mode. The problem could have been a station connecting a great distance or an actual 802.11b device associated with the AP or even a Protection mode ripple. If you want to convert the Mobile capture to a pcap format shoot me a PM and I'll explain how to convert it.

Bryan

• Emailed bounced. I've sent a PM.

• Well, as predicted, the problem arised again. I'm going to get a packet capture of it today sometime.

• nevermind this.

Page 2 of 2