Forum

• Today, I passed CWNA with 81 percent score. The online practice tests helped me a lot..Also, Sybex Guide was excellent. I am planning to take CWSP next..Is it harder than CWNA ??? What are the recommended study methods???

• Congratulations for a job well done.

And yes the CWSP is more difficult.

As always - "Study to the exam objectives", not necessarily the book contents. If you can get any time configuring a Radius Server it will be time well spent. Run the online practice exams until you can get 95's or better on all of them.

I heartily recommend Jim Geier's book on implemeting 802.1x security. Sorry, for the lack of specificty, but you can get the exact title off of a couple other posts on this site.

• Thank You For the advice..

• Nicely done! I also recommend the online practice exams -- they are an awesome way to test your progress and knowledge.

I found that the CWNA laid a great foundation for the CWSP. If you haven't already, play with a wireless sniffer using PSK and EAP authentication. Understand the entire EAP process, and get your hands on a RADIUS server. Try different EAP types and understand the evolution of the proprietary and standard 802.11 security mechanisms.

I ended up getting a better score on CWSP than CWNA, probably because it was a more focused subject and I had more hands-on experience with it. Hope this helps, and good luck in your endeavor!

Page 1 of 1