Forum

• Now this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but a Ruckus bridge at that distance will move about 180 Mb/s of traffic. So, if you use it as a PtMP, you can do the math there.

The answer is this; what you are looking for can be done for sure. We can support multiple wired devices on the client side. When the vehicle pulls up into the yard, the client device will automatically connect. The rest is up to the software.

GT

• PBK,

The math looks good to me. I would say with 6 APs you will be in great shape regardless of which vendor you choose. Reliable multicast with the Cisco APs would not be an issue in this case either. This assumes, of course, that all your clients are able to connect at the data rates assumed in your analogy. The data rates would be my only point of concern at this point.

Good luck! Let us know how things go.

Tim

• So, if I end with approximately 6 AP and 175 vehicles I would have about 30 clients per AP, which sounds reasonable for using standard 802.11 clients. However, if I use a AP in bridge mode plus an environmentally hardened switch/router combo on the vehicle, each fixed root AP will have 30 bridges connections.

- All other things being equal, can an AP support 30 bridge connections as easily as it would support 30 normal client connections?
    - Can the bridge (clients) roam like a normal client?
    - Is there any difference in the association between the root AP and the normal client vs. a root AP and a bridge? If the answer to this is "There is no difference", then I can quit worrying and move forward with the design using the same performance assumptions that would be used for a normal 802.11 client.

Again, any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Page 2 of 2