Forum

• Survey and design for both bands. Band steer forwards 5GHz if your APs/Controller has the feature.
    A good bit of the time I find the 5GHz spectrum to be uncrowded.

Pick up a copy of the CWDP book. It is lengthy but full of all kinds of wifi design goodies.

• My environment is very crowded in the 2.4Ghz space - we're a public school division and there are bluetooth devices, cordless phones, microwaves in almost every classroom, in addition to the prevalence of staff and student owned devices.

Sterring towards 5.0 is what I'm trying to accomplish but it's difficult to do when devices don't have a 5.0 Ghz option.

As far as numbers, we purchased about 50 of the probooks and around 100 of the minis.

• Buckyhead,

Many IT managers don't care about their customers - the employees. And many don't know what they're doing anyway when it comes to wireless. In those cases it's only when upper management cares that good things happen.

When upper management and lower level employees share the same bands and infrastructure then things usually work well. The IT manager can't get away with telling[u] upper[/u] management that their experience is going to suck.

• http://mobile.networkcomputing.com/0/show/a924efc7fda90978b2f3866c49f1b787&t=ba6824b121a781621171cdcc5eafa8b1

Page 2 of 2