Applicants with the following certifications are highly desired:
We are currently in search of a Senior (Wireless) Deployment Engineer for our client; a ‘bleeding’ edge medical device development company (in partnership with both Intel and Qualcomm). This is a permanent employment position located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, CA. Below you will find the description. Please review and send me a note or give me a call 858-550-1658
· Technical proficiency with servers and large networks. Need to install and assure product is up and running at client sites.
· High skill level with wireless network, specifically 802.11.
· High proficiency in diagnosing, troubleshooting and mitigating wireless difficulties.
· Great customer presence (personality!)
· At times, up to, 50% travel with all US based customers.
· Any Cisco certifications are a plus.
Job Description Summary
The Deployment Specialist’s main objective is to ensure that Wireless medical systems get reliably and efficiently deployed in hospitals.
Specific Job Responsibilities
· Deploy Wireless medical technology/systems in hospitals ¡V mainly in designated geographical regions and must be ready to support on a national and international level (wireless network / site survey, installation, configuration, verification, customer validation support, technical training, troubleshooting, updates/upgrades).
· Act as the best-practice champion¡¨ for deployment in designated region of Wireless medical technology/systems with respect to wireless network (802.11) integration, hospital network integration (wired backbone, server), and HIT integration from a process, technology and documentation perspective.
· Serve as a training/expert resource for customers (hospital IT/ BioMed) and partners (distributors), technical support to sales team during the pre-sales phase, tier 3 customer support.
· Provided field feedback to the Sr. Deployment Specialist to assist R&D in the testing and optimization of wireless network and HIT integration.
· Conduct post-deployment audits of 3rd party implementations of Wireless medical technology/systems.
· Other responsibilities as required.
· Self-Management - A self-starter with strong work ethic and discipline to provide timely deliverables without reminders from leadership, staff or customers.
· Teamwork - Outstanding collaborative skills especially with internal/external Clinical and Technical personnel. Ability to manage and work as part of cross-functional teams.
· Communication - Effective verbal skills to convey key information while training customer, partner or company technical personnel or communicating with stakeholders on all hierarchy levels. Ability to provide written instructions/information to external customers and internal staff.
· Problem solving - Ability to think deductively and determine common root causes across seemingly unrelated issues and system non-conformances. Strongest troubleshooting skills in network access, specifically wireless networks and product connectivity.
· Planning and organizing - Ability to plan at the strategic and tactical level with a strong hands-on competency to execute according to plan.
· Technology/Industry - Excellent knowledge of the hospital environment and its infrastructure. Understanding of standards, rules, regulations and guidelines for medical devices (e.g. 80001). Strong skills and competencies in the areas of wireless/wired networks, servers, hospital IT systems and accessories. Deep knowledge of system diagnostics and wireless network tools.
· Customer focus and initiative - Strong ability to recognize a customer need and fulfill that need. Interested and skilled in understanding new technologies and how they can be used to enhance the customer experience as it relates to deployment and support.
Preferred educational background
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the Sciences or Engineering is a plus
· Minimum certification: Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) or equivalent experience. CWNP certifications will be highly considered.
· Cisco: CCNA or CCNA-Wireless or higher, Field or Design Specialist or equivalent experience
Preferred experiential background
· Understanding of RF and 802.11 standards and amendments.
· Knowledge of Cisco (minimum), and other manufactures (Aruba preferred, Motorola and any others a plus) wired and wireless network product line.
· Configuring Cisco (minimum) and Aruba (preferred) wireless controllers, access points, and other network equipment pertinent to a wireless network deployment. Multicast architecture / configuration experience a plus.
· Designing wireless networks and access point locations to support VoWLAN and location services.
· Wireless medical system field deployment in hospitals for either a patient monitoring (preferred) or infusion pump manufacturer.
· Professional Services provider (Cisco Gold Partner preferred) to hospital IT and/or BioMed for consulting in wireless network (802.11) management, hospital network management (wired backbone, server), and HIT system management. HL7 interface experience a plus.
· Employing wireless network tools, AirMangnet Survey Pro (preferred), Cisco Spectrum Expert or equivalent, Protocol Analyzers, and WLAN Design Tools.
Sr Recruiter, San Diego, CA
KForce Inc., Technology & Engineering
858.550.1658 direct | email@example.com