Forum

• Actually Hybrid REAP is not exactly design to address this problem, but more to allow you to support .1X based SSID in a remote location (i.e. without local controller) and choose what to do if you loose connection to the main office.
    But interesting point here raised by Ben. Actually, this could be the way for Cisco to go in the future. But this would of course imply tag support on legacy Cat based switches...
    Anyway, this process may look logical for you guys, who are of course wireless professionals, but I see so many IT guys completly confused by the controller based logic, mixing SSID VLANs and APs VLAN, believing that having one implies having the other, and not getting that NOT doing it is the point in this controller based solution.
    I deployed this in many environments where the design implied not to have user vlans in the AP infrastructure, for design and security reasons (Banks typically), and just because they do IBN. Getting the tag only at the controller level is seen as FAR better in this case...
    Not sure technically "better", but this is just a feature I'm asked for quite often...

Page 1 of 1