• Has anyone ever made use of training videos for the CWNA exam?  What did you think of them?

• Bump.

• By Tom Carpenter - edited: November 20, 2012

I have both used and created training videos for CWNA, CWSP and CWTS in the past. Currently, no provider has an updated set of CWNA training videos; however, the PW0-104 training videos made available through various elearning providers (like TrainSignal and LearnKey) will prepare you for 95+ of what you need to know.

Always use the objectives. If you use an elearning product, compare what has been covered with the objectives. I tend to just check off objectives when I feel they have been covered in sufficient depth. Then, when you're finished with the elearning, go fill in any needed gaps. The same is true with practice exams, study guides and so on.

Frames Are Food,

• I agree with Tom. Some of the older videos are still relevant. The fundamentals havent changed all that much. With the introduction of 802.11n and other amendments like 802.11r - k  - w .. You can always find great documentation on these subjects online to fill in the gaps. 

• By (Deleted User)

This is also just a note, CWNP is going to be doing some webinars with Tom focusing on particular issues within each course (CWNA included). While not a complete training video it will be a great form of supplementary information to look out for and participate in. 

• Where can I find the webinar information?

• By (Deleted User)

The webinar information will be posted as it becomes available. First announcement will be through the newsletter, at which point you'll also be able to find it on our homepage and in the Forums. 

• yeah.. please post and keep us update on the webinar on the CWNA, I am only reading and studying the book and  I have the last video sets from TrainSignal...

• By Tom Carpenter - edited: January 29, 2013

The TrainSignal videos, if they are the most recent, cover PW0-104. The big area to investigate beyond the coverage in those videos is 802.11n (we offer a training video for that, which is free with any store purchase or for subscribing to the CWNP newsletter). When PW0-104 was released, 11n was still in draft. It is no longer a draft standard so it is more heavily tested on the PW0-105 exam.

Frames Are Food,

• Hi Tom,

The link to the training video in your previous post seems to be broken. I signed up for the newsletter in hopes to obtain the training video. Can you please assist?
    Thanks,  Nathan

Page 1 of 2