Senior Support Engineer - Wireless Security/WLAN Management
Skills: Wireless 802.11 or WLAN technology, 3+ years of experience in technical customer support roles, fundamental UNIX OS experience, fundamental SQL skills, excellent problem solving skills. If interested please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary: Our client provides organizations with industry-leading WLAN security and network management solutions that support companies in the retail, healthcare, education, government and financial services. They are located in Alpharetta, GA and have an opening for a Product SME / Technical Marketing Engineer for their Technical Marketing Senior Customer Operations Specialist in their 802.11 / WLAN support department. If you have a strong working knowledge of WLAN network technology and the goal of moving up in your career, then we would love to speak with you. This is a unique opportunity to work for a premier networking technology company and become the subject matter expert for a critical WLAN security product.
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Salary: $70-80K+ plus annual bonus (~10%)
This individual will assist with problem definition and resolution for software products, and provide troubleshooting assistance to various teams to provide a resolution path for customer issues. Assist customers by making appropriate product recommendations and best practices. Will be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction by providing solutions to escalated issues. Will be responsible for assisting with training other support teams and field services personnel on supporting and troubleshooting software products.
• Enterprise Network Troubleshooting
• L2/L3 Networking
• TCP/IP knowledge
• Knowledge of network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.).
Protocol and OS Knowledge:
• Experience with a UNIX-variant operating system is required.
• Ability to use SQL CLI commands to troubleshoot database issues.
• Experience with using UNIX-variant CLI commands for troubleshooting issues.
• Knowledge of various protocols and technologies (SNMP, postgresql, etc.).
• Ability to use system logs to troubleshoot issues.
• WiFi networking experience
• Knowledge of how WLAN (802.11) security systems and protocols work.
• Experience with deploying WLAN (802.11) infrastructure equipment.
• Experience handling customer facing roles.
• Experience handling customer technical support calls.
• Ability to effectively explain complicated technical information to people with less technical knowledge.
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently by effectively leveraging provided tools.
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to effectively provide customer service.
• Ability to effectively explain complicated technical information to people with less technical knowledge
- Excellent health and detal benefits with ultra low costs
- 4% 401K matching
- 22 days PTO plus 9 company holidays
- Flexible work environment