Forum

• By (Deleted User)

Thanks for the insight especially where each product excels or differentiates itself. I saw a lot of interoperability misc. issues with Cisco and Symbol a few years ago while at UO.

• Wrong thread sorry guys

• I've seen several discussions on designing for a certain amount of overlap between cells - How about a explanation of what overlap REALLY means in this context - and how to measure it quantitatively.

As far as Fresnel zones go, how do we measure, and account for the first and second zones interaction with the earth/ground surface itself? We seem to always be talking about obstruction height. How about some concrete (no pun intended) examples of how the specific surface, dirt, water, asphalt, and sand, etc. affect the zones effects? Say for example, both antennas are at the same height. Does the amount of surface area on the ground of the Fresnel impact area have an effect on the link, or is it just a matter of the height of the first Fresnel Zone that is cut off, or its range from the link ends that counts? I can't always just add more tower.

Dave1234 probably knows this, but ow to properly plan and use diversity on outdoor links. eg vertical separation between antennas?

One of my pet peeves - Recognizing BS antenna patterns ( Azimuth and Elevation charts) and specifications in sales brochures, etc.

More on shielding - I've read that grounded screen with 1/20'th wavelength holes works well (not well enough for me). How well can different types work - painted on, ferrite slabs, foils, .... all of it.

What's the best way to measure throughput when you can't add any agents to the device you are testing?

How about some examples of how testing to the 802.11 standards are conducted? Say using Veriwave, Azimuth, Anritsu, Agilent, Keithley, and other mfgs equipment.

I could probably come up with more - maybe later.

Page 3 of 3