• I just completed the CWTS exam today and got a 90%. I was very excited, but also I realized that this exam probably wasn't designed to be really difficult. I have been dealing with 802.11b/g/a networks for a number of years as a Desktop Tech and now as a Jr. Level Admin so I knew most of it through and through.

My question is, what is next? I know the logical course of action is the CWNA, but I need to be well versed in alot of technologies including wireless. I currently have:

CCENT, A+, MCP (70-271), and now CWTS

I also have a Associates Degree in Network Security and Administration

My career is solid at the moment with my current employer, but I really want to move up and make more money. I'd like to know what you guy's opinion is about which direction I should go.

Gerald Parker

• By (Deleted User)

Sounds like you have a solid foundation from Cisco, MS, CompTIA, and CWNP. Choose what you like best, and go for it! Routing/switching? O/S and networking software? Wi-Fi?

If you like the wireless side of things, we recommend you maintain a solid networking foundation from something like CCNA (or higher) as you grow your wi-fi skill set. There are only a small handful of CCIE-W + CWNEs in the world today. That would be a noble, if not ambitious, career goal.

• I've just purchased the materials for the CWNA. I figure it'll be good to get the more in-depth infomration before moving on to a non-wireless cert.

Wish me luck!

• By (Deleted User)

Well done! Ask questions here and learn from those who have been there & done that!

Page 1 of 1