Forum

• What is difference/similarity between TBTT and Beacon interval?

• I believe that these are just different names for the same thing.  Are you seeing them used in a manner somewhere that would make you think there's a difference?  If so, can you please provide the context?

• I guess I will caveat that by saying that the beacon interval is the measure of the time delay between beacons, whereas the TBTT is the actual time at which the AP must send a beacon.

So the beacon interval is the measure of time between two distinct TBTTs, unless I'm mistaken.

• In addition, Mesh networks have a TBTT Field in their Beacon Timing Element.   It is used in the Mesh Beacon Collision Avoidance (MBCA) process.

It allows Neighbor AP's to announce, and correct for, colliding Beacons.    Jerome Henry wrote a paper, now on this site talking about it.  Google finds it easily.

• Thanks,so i can tell.

TBTT is time when node sends beacon…so beacon interval will also have same time…but may be due to more interference in medium, beacon can be delayed (can be verified on omnipeek)….but all beacon will have same beacon interval timing in its frame.

Page 1 of 1