• Does the Wireless# exam have similar questions to the CWNA exam as far as hardware/software installation and application, security and support?

• Hi Tripp,

First, the difficulty level of the Wireless# is less than CWNA in this area simply because we're dealing with SOHO/SMB equipment instead of enterprise-class equipment. We do include installation, configuration, security, and troubleshooting questions in the Wireless# exam.

• By (Deleted User)

In your last sentence above, did you leave out "not" or do you really test install, config and other topics on the Wireless#.

• By (Deleted User)

No, the word "not" was not left out.

From the Wireless# exam objectives:

2.1 Identify the purpose, features, and functions of the following wireless network components. Choose the appropriate installation or configuration steps in a given scenario.

4.1 Identify proper procedures for installing and configuring common WLAN applications

4.6 Identify and describe the following wireless LAN security techniques. Describe the installation and configuration of each.

4.7 Identify procedures to optimize wireless networks in specific situations.

4.8 Recognize common problems associated with wireless networks and their symptoms, and identify steps to isolate and troubleshoot the problem.

Now, keep in mind the type of gear (SOHO, consumer) we're talking about here, and the fact that Wireless# is an entry level exam, so the topics are very high level.

• By (Deleted User)

Ahh, I get it... these are installation, configuration, security, and troubleshooting issues as they primarily relate to Wi-Fi networks.

I was just making sure you weren't going to have us attempting to answer troubleshooting questions on Zigbee or EPCglobal equipment when I don't have any of those solutions to work on.

I understand having basic questions regarding non-Wi-Fi technologies and then basic to intermediate questions on Wi-Fi solutions... that's understandable.

• ...that it would be beneficial to have some, at least, theoretical install questions related to RFID/ZigBee. For example, a question like the following:

You are a network and systems administrator for a small company which manufactures garage doors. Your current project requires the installation and configuration of RFID devices for inventory management. Assuming the RFID tags go with the doors as they leave the facility and assuming there are two exit doors for trucks to depart and there is a secure gate to leave the campus, where should the detection devices be located in order to track the removal of items from inventory?

A. On each truck taking shipments from the facility
    B. At each exit door
    C. At the security gate at the exit of the campus
    D. Nowhere as RFID tags cannot be used for this scenario

The correct answer is C as this would remove duplicate counts from trucks exiting one door and then entering the other for more pickups. One count only at the final point of exit without the need for elaborate algorithms.

What do you think?

• By (Deleted User)

It would have to be at the warehouse loading dock because the signal of the RFID tags would be scanned as they exit the facility. RFID passive tags aren't powerful enough to be scanned through the trailer's metal exterior.

• sysedco Escribi?3: this would remove duplicate counts from trucks exiting one door and then entering the other for more pickups. One count only at the final point of exit without the need for elaborate algorithms.

Can a truck go into an exit door for pickup ? :-)

• I was mentally picturing a flat bed open truck ;-)

• You may have been, but I was also thinking about a metal box-car style truck and trying to imagine how the reader was going to read the tags. Also, I was not thinking that the truck, after having left the building, would go to another building to pick up additional stuff. I worked as a security guard at a large distribution warehouse for about 6 months and there was never a case where the trucks left one building and entered another. They always had very clearly defined roles and only went to one building to pick up their cargo.

Page 1 of 2