Forum

• By (Deleted User)

Let say i have a AP USR5450.The radio support left ightdiversity antenna selection for receive ransmit diversity as far as i know. right antenna uses its original omni 5.2dbi and the left antenna uses a 18dbi directional yagi. Ap is placed outdoor. A normal pcmcia client is near AP, and another directional antenna powered client is about 3kms away from the AP. AP is set to ant. diversity mode but the original omni 5.2dbi antenna sees only the client near and the yagi antenna sees the client 3kms away. So which antenna will work? Right or left? Both have good signals but serving different clients?

• By (Deleted User)

Hi M,
    We are using a few Dlink APs, (2700). I'm also a bit perplexed as to which antenna selection to use. 1, 2 or Diversity. We physically only use one of the 2 connections. We have a high gain sectorial attached. Sending to a wireless client attached to a small 8dbi dish. Then to another 2700 AP and out through another Sectorial. On the first 2700 AP at the E1 connection I'm using Antenna (1) and at the second AP behind the wireless client I'm using Antenna (2). This seems to work but don't know why? if you call Dlink they'll tell you they don't support that configuration (telnet).*&7^$ing Dlink support is Absurd.
    Curious if you've had anyluck, understanding which antenna to select and why?
    T

• By (Deleted User)

Just now noticed the date on your post, oh well

• By (Deleted User)

Use diversity only if you are using dual antenna. If the antenna is on the right port, you need to set up diversity on the right port. Not sure if that is 1 or 2 on a Dlink.

Ciao.

• By (Deleted User)

When you use diversity antenna, you have to point both antenna in the same direction or cover same location. Diversity antenna doesn't work like you using 2 antenna with splitter. you can find the information about diversity antenna on cisco website.

Page 1 of 1