Forum

• By (Deleted User)

http://us.zyxel.com/web/product_category.php?PC1indexflag=20060307175308

While Wimax is not promoted much in the US ...yet...it is just a matter of time

Much like Pre-N devices.. the Zyxel product is ahead of the game.

This is why I STRONGLY think a Wireless# certification is going to be a VERY GOOD thing to have.

HINT...HINT ;)

• I agree with you that WiMAX is part of why the Wireless# certification is and will be so valuable. Think about it, though. Wireless# covers some of the hottest things going in wireless:

-RFID
    -WiMAX
    -Wi-Fi
    -Bluetooth

Seriously, this cert has great potential. I know I'm going to do my part to get the word out in any way I can.

• By (Deleted User)

sysedco,

WIRELESS# will surpass even the skeptics...it while entry level is," what inquirying minds need to know".

My Predictive Analysis:

WiMAX, with the MIMO will make heads spin and revolutionize the way we communicate, work, and play.

We will still need the ethernet and fiber based technologies. The IEEE Working group 802.17 deals with fiber resilent packet rings (RPRs). I see that directly integrated into WiMAX, for the WMANs, WWANs

I always like redundancy (can't have enough backups in the reserves), that is where WI-FI sits. 802.11n will be the reserves for WiMAX. Software switchable?

Spaced based communications will evolve with mobile WiMAX (802.16e) ported to SATCOM for long haul reach backs. In emergencies it makes sense to have wireless as a backup to your wired infrastructure. Even HF radios have a purpose. :)

I remember back in 1990, after 6 years of working with all analog radios and these huge vacuum tubes. We went digital in some of the radio equipment for LOS microwave shots point to point. Learning how these radios operated then was fascinating. I could draw the schematics with ease .

Back then, we didn't have the great advanced DSPs that we have today. The spectral efficiency of the radios and antennas while good only allowed direct LOS and everything was point to point.

We would multiplex the baseband signals (telephony and data) over the wire (coax cable or fiber) to the SATCOM rig that would push multiple trunks of data to the other side of the earth. We were using BPSK,QPSK and OQPSK modulation in SATCOM modems then. We migrated to the newer SATCOM modems with the capabilities 64 QAM, and 128 QAM, 256 QAM. Trellis and Viterbi encoding.

In 1999, 802.11b came our way with at 11mbps. Aironet came out to our field site to use us as a test bed and issued me one of their laptop cards. I was able to surf the internet and compared it to our 10mbps wired LAN using 10baseT. I was impressed and started reading up on the technology and new some day it would change the way we computed. Without all the Wires.

Today, that will all be surpassed with the OFDMA-TDD, (ASIC-enhanced) Software Defined Radios (SDR) with MIMO and Smart Antennas making this more of a reality.

WiMAX will take advantage of this, the IEEE will make sure.

Especially with 802.20 (WiBro) and 802.16e (WiMAX mobile) on the scene in Asia, Europe and Africa. North America is not far behind.

The future world is a MIMO/WIMAX/MESH of IPV6 enabled smart devices that are smaller than a wrist watch. The computing power and the nanaotechologies behind the scene are preparing us for a world that breathes wirelessly. Fuel cells and solar power will add to the efficiency, CAPEX and OPEX for the best ROI for the WISPs and carriers.

Wireless# certification is the premier CONVERGENCE Certification ,

COMPTIA might come out with something, but I think they need to partner with Planet3 and capitalize on the already robust diversity offered. Remaining Vendor NEUTRAL is critical. Look at OPEN Source and you will see the trend... WIRELESS#' are you ready?

Page 1 of 1