• By (Deleted User)

Thank you and congratulations, Colishay! Welcome to CWNP and the great world of Wi-Fi.

• [quote]Very nice entry level test. I have been working exclusively with WiFi for the last 2 years. I have been operating my small WiFi business for about 1 of those years. I thought it might be worth a try to get certified in a few things.

I can say that without a doubt the CWTS does have a solid foundation to start with in WiFi. The test material taught me a few things that I probably needed to know, but never came across (yet) in the field. The sybex book was an outstanding read. I am highly impressed with the fluidity of the learning materials.

Years ago I had taken a few other IT certifications. These other certs were very theoretical and they really did not pertain too much to any practical applications that I had come across. Needless to say, the cert process left a bad taste in my mouth. CWNP appears to have reinforced (at least in my mind) the value of a good certification and what it can offer to an individual trying to become the best at their role in our wireless world.

I just wanted to say thanks to the developers of this fine test, and I look forward to earning the CWNA and CWSP in the upcoming months. I also am leaning very heavily towards requiring that all of our Sales and Support people earn the CWTS at a minimum. It is a very good entry level cert.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. The CWTS book is very well written and easy to understand. It was a great starting point for me to pass this and then go onto the CWNA.

• After reading all the great reports and the praise about the book...which I ordered from Amazon today, I look forward to joining the ranks of CWTS. Thanks Guys for the encouragement. I had a question about the training videos that CBT Nuggets offer...are they any good? Thanks again

• Yes, the CWTS nuggets very good, Michael Shannon included everything you need to know there. However, don't solely rely on the nuggets and book. Yes, they can give you the level of understanding required for the CWTS, but you'd find the test much easier if you read the CWNP white papers and go into some of the CWNA topics - site survey, HT, MIMO vs Simple diversity, PoE, RF fundamentals etc. Passing the exam isn't as important as being confident about your knowledge, but maybe that's just my oppinion.

Good luck!

• Thanks RaduG, now I have to spend $299 for the nuggets. :-) Thanks for the advise, I really appreciate it

• No mate, don't spend 299. Pay for a month subscription, 199. You will have access to all their nuggets.

• Is it a good idea to study from CWNA material as well for the CWTS exam?

• Hi CSwan,

In my opinion (and I'm sure others will chime in with other opinions) it isn't necessary. As I recall the CWTS exam covers a wide range of wireless technologies, kind of a "sampler plate". It's a really cool knowledge area. The CWNA material drills down more specifically on .11 for the most part, and might be overkill for CWTS in .11 while not giving you some of the other info you need to know for CWTS.

That said, as others have pointed out many times, the thing to study is the exam objectives. So, if you study the exam objectives and find there is an area that you feel you didn't really grasp from the CWTS material, then you want to delve deeper into other sources (whitepapers, other books, etc) to get more information so you fully understand the objective. I think CWNA book would be a great source for that. Just not necessarily as a primary resource.

(Of course, when you get done with CWTS, you will be hungry to take on that CWNA, though!)

My opinion. =)

• Thanks SeaLass

Page 2 of 2