Forum

point to point

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CWNA - Enterprise Wi-Fi Admin
Last Post: March 13, 2005:
  • By (Deleted User)

If a connection is needed between three separate buildings lets say a,b,c on the same ip subnet ( is that a valid option with vlan tagging?)

and we have to provide roaming between all three buildings considering that a areial will be put on on top of building A to connect building B and C.

will it be a point to point connection from building A to building B and C ?

or will it be a point to multipoint connection as areial on building A will be serving two buildings i.e B and C .

• By (Deleted User)

Hi actually i found out it is point to multipoint,

but is it possibe that from one AP bridge( i.e building A ) , only two buildings can be pointed B and C i.e in line of sight respectively , considering that there is one building in between which is not as tall as all a,b and c.

(will they be able to provide roaming? if they are bridged)

http://www.machinelogic.com/pdf/cisco_aironet_1400.pdf#search='point%20to%20multipoint%20figure'

• Hi Guest:

Long time since your post. Roaming (moving between basic service areas or BSAs) is supported by reassociation which in turn is supported by a common service set identifier (SSID) in the several basic service sets (BSSs). Prompt reassociation while roaming often assumes a common IP subnet, which is what one expects with bridging.

I hope this helps. Can you add your name and location to your forum profile? Thanks /criss

Page 1 of 1