Forum

• Hi There,
    I have ascenario for building WiFi Network.

Six( 6) Floor office building. indicating rooms,walls, roof, ceiling ,

Objective : cover all building with WiFi Network Coverage Area

Restrictions.

All the Aps must b connected to main AP( acting as gateway to all) or all must b connected to each other ( Mesh Network)

only main server( AP ) is connected to Wired Ethernet( or at the most two )

for example we have A,B,C,D,E Aps( Assuming A as main server connected to Ethernet wired network/Internet source.)
    E may b connected to B,C,D.... C may b connected to B and so on.

please advice me accordingly
    any restrictions on that.( as I know if AP is acting like repeater. throughput is reduced to half.

yhanks in advance.

Regads

Bilal
    bsheikh@gmail.com

[/url][/code]

• By (Deleted User)

Bilalsh,

Your mesh network sounds like it should work. The only hold back is of course power to each device. Since Mesh is RF waves mostly it doesn't rely on ethernet for the Power source. Power over ethernet is what is powering most devices in the normal AP infrastructure radio deployment.

Mesh seriously limits you to AC/DC power on the spokes . The hubs are usually powered over ethernet and the source of your PIPE for the other devices

Outdoors it could be a great solution, if the mesh devices had solar power with back up lithium ion battery pack inside.

Mesh has a fit as long as the power and throughput limitations are addressed with your clients.

What I see in the future are a combined Mimo-Mesh wireless smart device that reside as a module in your laptop or Smartphone. The cover/screen will be designed with a grid of internal MIMO antennas - phase arrayed tied to the wireless Mimo Mesh Radio Module.

Just my thoughts.

• By (Deleted User)

Found this on a search regarding MESH Wireless.

http://www.nwfusion.com/news/2005/022805firetide.html

They even mention the solar power.

Page 1 of 1