Forum

• Hello,

I built up a WLAN using 2.4 GHz 802.11g in a harbour. The environment is full of big stores, big cranes and twice a week come big ships put into port.
    My staff, (myself included) installed speed dome camera for each store, linked with patch panel access point using web server (this is the remote side). For one direction I linked 2 remote access points (patch panel antenna 200 mW,) with one 1W access point in the main. The angle between 2 remote points and the main is around 25 degrees. The distance between remote points and the main is around 1- 1.5 Km. (0.62 ?¡é?€?¡° 0.93 Mile). The web base access point program shown the signal is 100%, but the picture is come and go or some times with delay(the connection is not operating properly).
    What shall I do? I have no idea, and I don?¡é?€??t know where the problem is. What will be going on if I link each remote transmitter with one receiver?
    How can I solve this problem?
    Thanks in advance if anybody have any suggestion
    Amer

• -Did you measure real thruoghput over these link?
    -Does AP statistics shows any dopped packets or packet retries?
    -Does AP Statistics show how many mgbit these remotes connected?
    -What is the brand of APs and SpeedDome Cam?

Please give more detail about the topology

• Hi,

I didn't measure anything, and there is no AP statistics shows except the signel rate, which is move between 90 and 100%.

All goods come from Taiwan.

Amer

• I would guess that you have a multipath/reflection/interference problem. The signal strength alone isn't going to give you a true picture of what is happening. You can have a very good signal strength but the actual traffic might well be composed mostly of retries. As mademirci says, you need to check the real throughput. Try doing a FTP transfer of a large file over the link and watch the throughput.

• Hi AndyK,

Thank you for reply, I am afraid this is my problem, but how can I check the real throughput, and if I do FTP transfer of a large file over the link, what is the conclusion? if I have a multipath/reflection/interference problem. If you dot mind I will send you sky picture of the site.

Regards

• Feel free to contact me via this forum's private message faciliy. I will give you an email address where you can contact me and I'll do what I can to assist. You might lke to advise the brands and models of equipment used in the links.

• Thanks Andy I did

Page 1 of 1