Forum

• I was impressed by the number of responses generated by the thread "CWNA - unacceptable questions". Candidates should be aware that the level of knowledge required to pass the test is equivalent to Cisco CCNA. What it does mean is possessing an excellent foundation and hands-on on the subject (invest in a Cisco AP 1200). These two qualities combined together will help you succeed. It is apparent that a lot of the veterans at CWNP are Cisco veterans and are applying the same philosophy.I have been doing Cisco for a long time and the level of their test is similar in nature to those of Cisco. There will be always some tricky questions but overall that will not prevent you to pass the test. Speed is also criteria in testing. Therefore, mastery of the subject is expected. If a question is too hard, just skip it by guessing. Do not spend much time on it. Finally, failure is expected as long as you can get better. If you fail the test, go home and do a brain dump asap.
    RFC are an excellent source of information but I do not think it should be required for the CWNA. Remember, all these certifications are designed to prepare you for the future CWNE lab. CWNP will make you a better network engineer in the long run. For all of those out there studying good luck. You will be rewarded.

• Sorry, didnt know if this was to be put in a new thread? so, I will just send this reply and maybe the moderators can put this in the right place....You mentioned getting a Cisco 1200 appliance to use during preparation for the exam. I was wondering if this was just a personal preference or is this the appliance referenced to in the test? I know that the book is designed to be vendor neutral but if one is "favored" over the others or used more as a reference then that would be something to consider. Does this model: 1200 offer the most flexibility when preparing for the CWNA, CWSP and CWAP exams or would perhaps another model, like the 1245ag for example, be a better option? I am just looking for a well rounded appliance to work with.
    Thanks

• As far as an autonomous AP, I personally prefer the Symbol AP-5131. The Colubris MSC-3300 is really great as well. The Cisco AP-1200 series APs are good, but much about them is proprietary making it harder to see what the standard has dictated actually happening.

Any of these are good APs, don't get me wrong, but I like ones that are implemented as close to the standards as possible. You might also consider a small WLAN switch, such as a Cisco 2006, Symbol WS-2000, Trapeze MX-8, Aruba 800, Colubris MSC-5200, or Bluesocket WG-400. All are very good, though some are much easier to configure than others. :-)

Devinator

Page 1 of 1