Forum

• I understand that because of the inteference there may have some wrong report, but this case is different.

When I use a b/g network card to connect to a 802.11b AP, my protocol analyser ( Observer ) shows the packets from this network card is transmitted at the speed of 54Mbps. I contacted them but it seems they cannot repeat the problem. Anyone here has a similar configuration and Observer and please do a test for me ?

I have plenty of b/g wireless cards here, but they are all same model ( Intel Pro BG or Intel Pro ABG ).

The capture card is a Cisco PCMCIA CB21AG.

Thanks,

Vu

• Should be something with Observer driver.
    I just installed the AiroPeek NX on the same notebook and it shows those packets transmitted at 11Mbps.

Vu

• Yes, this bug was identified by us in class about 1.5 years ago. They fixed this in the latest revision of version 9. If you are using version 10, it could be that they have reintroduced this bug again. :-(

I'll ask one of their engineers to chime in on this thread. thanks!

Devinator

• Devinator, thanks for confirming this. I use ver 10.1. I kept trying everything from installing drivers, firmware to changing notebooks, reinstalling Observer ... ( and exchanging emails with NI ) for the last 3 days.

Anyway, that bug leverags the approvement for me to get the 2nd wireless protocol analyzer and I just got the AiroPeek this afternoon :)

Vu

Page 1 of 1