Forum

Virtual Wi-Fi

1 posts by 1 authors in: Forums > CWNA - Enterprise Wi-Fi Admin
Last Post: December 5, 2005:
  • Ben,

I appreciate the effort you and others put forth and the contributions you make to this forum. I find these forums educational. In my previous post I said it seems illogical to me that each SSID should share a single BSSID per AP. In other words, I agree with you regarding SSIDs and BSSIDs.

This discussion has me a bit twisted because you and Chris were speaking of different SSIDs coming from the same MAC (BSSID). 11.1.2.3 addresses BSSIDs and MAC addresses in an infrastructure network and it addresses the SSID in an IBSS. I don't see a connection between SSIDs and BSSIDs in this clause. Are these paragraphs tied together by a clause elsewhere?

I also agree that Virtual Wi-Fi is about having more than one MAC address. But, given the description of the BSSID field-

...The value of this field, in an infrastructure BSS, is the MAC address currently in use by the STA in the AP of the BSS.

would it be more appropriate to say that Wi-Fi is about having more than one STA per AP radio?

Thanks,

moe

Page 1 of 1