Forum

• Hello ,

How can see if a Cisco 1120 AP has been upgraded to support 802.11G?
    I have been told it suports 802.11G but in the Web GUI I can only see 802.11B.
    The system software version is 12.2(13)JA4.

Any help greatly appreciated .

• Don't quote me on this - but doesn't it take a physical card upgrade to be inserted?

• Yes your right it does need a physical card to be upgraded. Basically I got the AP on Ebay, the seller claimed it supported 802.11G.
    But I can only see 802.11B in the GUI. I don???¡ät want to take it apart in case I might be returning it.

I???¡äm just looking for an alternate way to verify it supports 802.11G without dismantling it.

• The software load (IOS or CAC) would tell you if it had the 802.11G radio. You got took. I would look over the verbiage in the Ebay ad and see if it said "802.11g capable" or specifically stated that it had an 802.11g radio. That really bites.

• Just contacted the seller he said it???¡äs his fault so he???¡äs giving me back the cash.

He thought it had the 802.11G radio.

Thats a relief.
    Thanks a lot for the advice guys.

• whew! Finally a reutable seller on EBAY - LOL
    Good deal. Get the 1230 series Cisco. It has G.

• Cheers Homelights,

That???¡äs exactly what I will do.

Thanks again to all

• By (Deleted User)

You can upgrade the .11b radio in the 1120 to .11g by ordering the field replaceable mini-PCI card. It retails for $150 I think but you can probably find it for less if you do some searching.

Joel

Page 1 of 1