Forum

Job Posting

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CWNA - Enterprise Wi-Fi Admin
Last Post: February 23, 2006:
  • By (Deleted User)

I heard about this position and thought I'd pass it on. I have no other knowledge about this job, just that it exists and that Camvera deploys Wi-Fi and WiMAX networks. If you have questions, please contact the person listed below:

PURPOSE: Provide field support on Camvera RF systems
    to include:
    - Installation & Commissioning of all types of WLAN radios used to build out RF networks.
    - Conduct RF interference studies to qualify a site for RF installation.
    - Work with tools to perform light installation tasks.
    - Provide troubleshooting support on all deployed RF networks.
    - Gather site data and complete all job associated paperwork.
    - Interact with customers while in the field or while on call to effect customer satisfaction.

QUALIFICATIONS:

1.Education
    a. High school graduate
    b. Associates degree in electronics or equivalent military training required.

2.Experience
    a. Minimum two years experience in an industry related field.
    b. Basic hands on experience with industry related test equipment, i.e.?¡é?€?|spectrum analyzer, signal generator, multimeter.
    c. Basic hands on experience with physical layer cabling.(Knowledge of EIA / TIA cabling Standards)

3.Job Knowledge
    a. Good understanding of TCP/IP, Cisco Routers, and switches.
    b. Basic understanding of Ethernet and RF design, cabling, and hardware.
    c. Working understanding of RF theory and technology.
    d. Working knowledge of MS DOS, MS Office and various Windows driven applications including Remote Desktop, FTP, and Telnet.
    e. Good administrative skills to document job events and customer records.
    d. Must be able to communicate information gathered in a clear, concise and well structured manner, both written and oral.
    f. Must posses the interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with others.
    g. Ability to perform under pressure to resolve technical or customer problems.
    h. Insurable driving record and ability to drive company vehicles.
    i. Able to lift 60 lbs.
    j. Ability to travel 100% on personal credit with company re- imbursement.

Good luck!
    Joel

• Thanks Joel!

• Interesting

There was a job posting here in my area recently . . . was kicking myself for not applying . . .

I believe it was for a local ISP . . . I think they are gonna start a WISP soon . .

Page 1 of 1