Forum

CWNA Exam today

5 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CWNA - Enterprise Wi-Fi Admin
Last Post: March 3, 2006:
  • Hi All,

Managed to pass the CWNA exam today.

Would just like to say thanks to those comments regarding the preparation needed for the exam. The main point is reading not only the CWNA book but also reading the standards (e.g. 802.11/i/a/b/g, plus those mentioned in the book) and getting some real life hands-on.

I thought that reading the standards would'nt be too difficult until I realised that the 802.11 base standard text is considerably larger than I had anticipated. For those that have'nt taken the exam I would advise to get a good overview of what the standard is about (not too much mathematical detail though !). Believe me some of it is quite interesting as it matches up with the descriptions in the CWNA book.

Also the practise tests are certainly good for testing your understanding before the exam.

The CWNA is tough certainly for an initial certification and using this forum is definitely recommended, but I guess that makes it more of a challenge!

All I need to do now is understand how relevant the standards are here in the UK :-) !

Thanks again to all.

Best Regards.
    Matt

• Good for you! Thanks for the study insight also.

• How many questions were there?

• maybe if I took a look @ the certifications section of this site I wouldn't ask dumb questions.

• Way to rise to the challenge Matt! Congratulations!

Page 1 of 1