Forum

• http://www.yankodesign.com/product_info.php?products_id=841

This is hideous beyond comprehension. Thanks to Joshua Bardwell for this rare find.

Devinator

• Come on Devin, admit it. You have 3 of these in your house. This is the AP that everyone wants but no CWNP admits they have. :)

• Hi GTHill,

The design is great and as devin said it would be hard to find it.[Rogue]
    Hmmm...Any how if you have a WIPS it would Air terminate it and you can use the Location Tracking and get confused.[Still one cant locate it]

Thanks devin for making the group know there is rogue like this.

Best Regards,

S.Senthilraj

• Although this device has amazing potential as a rogue, don't forget that it also has amazing legitimate uses too! Imagine being able to put an AP anywhere there is a light fixture AND not having to run Ethernet cabling to it because it takes data via powerline networking. Unbelievable!

I don't think I'd use this for large-scale projects because I'm suspicious of wide-scale use of powerline for backhaul, but in specific cases, it would be a godsend.

• Hi Joshua,

You are right the Manufacturers of this AP will cry if he
    sees people Branding it as Rogue.

Lets Really Appreciate its Great Design and innovative Powerline
    option.Possibly we can also try changing description of the Post.

Best Regards,
    S.Senthilraj

• I know that most know this, but a powerline AP has been around for quite sometime. The great thing about this AP is that it looks cool. I know.. the lightbulb thing is neat, but for $1.19 at Lowes you can do the same thing. Its the shape that makes this the so unique.

• By (Deleted User)

Now , let's all laugh a little :)

All we need now is one of those 24 X 7 programamble timers and the wireless network management team will go crazy !

Seriously: The demand for Wireless will take us further and further into more products that require us as either Administrators/ Security /and Analysis Professionals to dot our i's and cross our t's.

That's why having these certs along with the Wireless# is a GOOD thing.

• Reg,

that's GOOD amigo. never thought of the timer thing!

Devinator

• By (Deleted User)

Devinator, it's one of my tricks of the trade.

Along with my USB Wifi Finder that functions as an AP. Scary :)

ALL,

Read this if you think studying for the CWNP exams can be challenging. I need this guy in my hippocket just to remember my keys in the morning.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060316/ap_on_sc/pi_prodigy

• If this is in a light socket, can I turn on and off Wi-Fi with the clapper???

Page 1 of 1