Forum

• The study guide is confusing:

one page states that an infrastructure BSS consists of one ore more AP's with zero or more clients

the next page details the BSSID by saying an infrastructure mode BSS can only have one AP; therefore, the MAC of the AP is a unique identifier for a BSS

I assume the latter is correct...?

• You are correct. A BSS is one AP and its client(s). Just as you stated, the BSSID is the MAC address of the AP. What page in the study guide is incorrect? It may be in the errata, or it may need to be put into the errata.

• page 330 and 331

• draymond10 Escribi?3:

The study guide is confusing:

one page states that an infrastructure BSS consists of one ore more AP's with zero or more clients

the next page details the BSSID by saying an infrastructure mode BSS can only have one AP; therefore, the MAC of the AP is a unique identifier for a BSS

I assume the latter is correct...?

I don't have the study guide in front of me, so I can't address your errata, but here's the correct explanation: a BSS consists of zero or one APs with zero or more clients. An ad-hoc BSS consists of zero APs with one or more clients. An infrastructure BSS consists of one AP with zero or more clients. An ESS consists of one or more APs with the same ESSID.

• Hi DRaymond:

I agree that CWNA study guide 3rd edition page 330 would be improved if that sentence read: "An infrastructure BSS consists of exactly one access point with zero or more client stations..."

I hope this helps. Thanks. /criss

• Do I get extra credit on my CWNA test?

Page 1 of 1