Forum

• By (Deleted User)

I think it is important for someone considering attempting the CWNA to consider this. When I first started down the path of the CWNP certifications (way back in Jan 2003), CWNA was the first of three certifications; the other two being CWSP and CWAP, although CWAP didn't become available until May 2004. I took and passed the original CWNA exam (v.1.0) without attending the class; however, I must tell you that I don?¡é?€??t know if that will be possible once all the new material from the CWNA 3.0 course gets incorporated into the next CWNA exam.

The CWNA 3.0 course covers lots of material that formerly was part of the CWSP and CWAP classes. In addition, CWNA 3.0 adds in topics that haven?¡é?€??t been covered elsewhere, like 802.11e and WMM. Indeed, CWNA is not a entry-level exam. Let me repeat that?¡é?€?| CWNA is not an entry-level exam. If you are looking for an entry level exam for the WLAN industry, then look to the Wireless# exam, rather than CWNA. The CWNA is geared toward people who are looking to become proficient WLAN administrators and eventually WLAN engineers. If you plan on passing the CWNA exam, I highly recommend you don't take it lightly.

NOTE: There is a slight disconnect between the course version number and the exam version number. The current CWNA exam version is 3.1. The courseware version number we took this week is 3.0 and will be 3.1 soon, once all the revisions are posted. The current exam maps to the current objectives posted on the web. The future exam, whenever it is released, will map to the updated objectives when they are posted. Those objectives, when updated, will be on par with the 3.1 course. Of course, all this is dependent on CWNP, so if you have questions about that, please submit them to Kevin Sandlin or Devin Akin.

Joel

Page 1 of 1