Forum

• Here are some thoughts I have for the general population after attending the 4/10 CWNP TTT class in Atlanta taught by Mr Multipath (David Coleman). I will post thoughts on the new course material for instructors only in the CWNT forum.

The first thing one will notice is that the administrative structure of the course is different. Anyone who took a previous CWNA class may remember the spiral bound books and detailed lab exercises. Both of those things are gone. The books have a regular book binding (which is great IMO) and the labs are scaled down to structural outlines. The change in the labs means that students should come in to the class prepared to take notes while the lab exercises are going on. That will help them if they want to repeat the labs on their own after class with similar equipment and software.

The other administrative change is that the course guide is now powerpoint slides only. They've moved a lot of the text that used to be below the PPT printouts into the slides themselves. For that reason, again I suggest preparing yourself to take a number of notes as the instructor teaches the class. The information in the slides is good, but any instructor will surely add quite a bit.

As Joel Barrett mentioned in a previous post, the material is much more advanced than before. You really need a level of Wi-Fi knowledge equivalent to at least the Wireless# certification before you walk into class. The good news for those of you that are less knowledgable about Wi-Fi is that virtually every instructor in the class said that they would be adding quite a bit of introductory information on their own at the start of class.

The last note about the class is that you will notice a number of animations that go along with the powerpoint slides. Some of these animations are sensational. Unfortunately, the students do not receive copies of the animations with the class (CWNP says they are working on that). When you walk into the class, be prepared to take close notes on the animations. Often times the picture in the book will tell a good portion of the story depicted in the animation, but additional notes will be needed to tell the whole story.

My last note is more on a personal level. I have to say this may have been the best week of training I've been a part of all year. Though I learned quite a bit from the other instructors in the class, it was more the interaction with the other instructors and CWNP management that made it great. The other two CWNP TTT sessions I've taken in the past have been great as well, but this group of instructors really made this session even better than the others.

Page 1 of 1