Forum

• The long ping time of almost 4 seconds seems suspicious to me, but I would need to know more about how many long pings they were and how long they were before I could make any solid conclusions about whether the long pings were indicative of problems in the RF links.

Intermittent interference would cause periodic dropouts. When the computer cannot get to the Internet, do ping times go up?

Look for intereference next to the antennas. Interference in the middle of the link is probably not an issue because FSPL will cause the interfering signal to be very weak by the time it gets to the receiving antenna.

Consider what signal strength (RSSI) and SNR are reported by the radios. If these numbers are good, then it tends to indicate that the RF link is not the issue. But these numbers often don't update fast enough to catch intermittent interference.

It seems unlikely to me that activity on the link would cause a four second ping response time. Even on a very busy link, I would think that pings would come back quicker than that.

Page 1 of 1