Forum

Cisco WDS

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CWNA - Enterprise Wi-Fi Admin
Last Post: August 24, 2006:
  • Has anyone ever setup WDS on Cisco 1200 series AP's? I am trying to but have not had much luck. I am also using Juniper's Steel Belt RADIUS, w/PEAP MS-Chap v2.

I have an AP set as the WDS "master" device and the rest setup as client's. However, on the "master" device it never shows any AP's as registering with it.

I feel my issue may be with the user account you have to create in RADIUS for this to work.

I have read the Cisco configs from Cisco.com but can't seem to find where I have missed anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Sorry this reply does not give you an answer but it will make you feel better!

I had exacly the same problem some time ago and we had 2 Cisco WLAN engineers come in to help the solve the problem but they could not get it to work. Eventually we installed a centrally managed solution instead.

• By (Deleted User)

Make sure you have the latest IOS firmware and follow the directions in the doc entitled, "Cisco IOS Software Configuration Guide for Cisco Aironet Access Points" located here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080606d5a.html

If you still have problems and this is a "network down" issue, please open a TAC case with Cisco at www.cisco.com/tac.

Joel

Page 1 of 1